Thursday, October 16, 2008

Visiting Great Grandma Eleanor In South Dakota











We got to Brandon, SD to visit Jack's Great Grandmother Eleanor. Jack had a great time playing with all of her things. He loved Kermit's rain gauge (which he broke). He is so interested in how things work, he is our little engineer. We went out to dinner at the Pizza Ranch. We got to see Arny and Kay (Grandma's brother) and Shelly and John (Arny's kids). Jack loved the arcade room, so many lights and games to look at. This is such a great age, Jack can be entertained by just looking at the games and we don't have to spend any money. The next day my Great Aunt Arlene made myself and Jack breakfast. It was so sweet, I felt like a little girl at a fancy tea party. It has probably been a long time since she has entertained, but she made us such an elegant breakfast. We went to Grandpa Kermit's grave site. I am sad for my mother and especially for my Grandmother. I can't imagine losing Dan and we have only been married for 3 years. They were married for over sixty years. We are all blessed to have been in the presence of the wonderful man that my grandfather was. He was such a caring, faithful, and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great-grandfather to Jack.

No comments: