Friday, December 5, 2008

A day at Daddy's work







Every day is "take your kid to the office day" at our house, so I was excited at the chance to take Jack to one of Daddy's conventions so he could see Dan's office outside of the home. Dan let us in the back door and we ran around for a few minutes by Dan's booth. We left right before they broke out the Prime Rib(darn).

Daniel has not written on the blog since the day Jack was born so I am stealing this from an email he sent to one of his buddies.

" Jack is doing great, he is 14 months old and everyday he is learning something new. He is walking everywhere like a little man and becoming his own little person, Kara stays home with him and I work out of the house so we are fortunate and get to spend all day with him. Savannah has numerous parks and walking trails, Kara and I built in front of a smaller park with swings and a picnic pavilion, 4-5 times a week we take Jack to that park and let him play.

I just graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the University of Phoenix, for the past 2.5 years I had been taking night classes from 6PM-10PM once a week knock it out. Since I am so used to going to class once a week and handling a college workload my schedule will allow me to continue my studies, so there are 4 Masters Programs that are very attractive at the moment. My first choice is the PMBA program at SMU which is the most prestigious “#9 in the US”; I have spoken with the admissions counselor for the program and will get the final word once I take my GMAT in early December. My second choice is the Masters of Science in management program at SMU, which is much shorter “10 months instead of 27” and it starts next fall. Number three is the PMBA from UT which is taught at the Anatole Hotel, classes are 2 days Friday afternoon and Saturday mornings. Last but not least is UNT and their PMBA program; they require a GPA of 3.0 for regular admission and a 2.9 for admission on academic probation. Since my GPA is higher than a 3.0 acceptance into any one of these programs is either likely or guaranteed with UNT, with that said the financial side of the whole process has to be weighed, SMU is very expensive and so is the PMBA with UT. I‘m visiting info sessions on these programs and have spoke to their respective admissions departments already so I’m looking forward to the challenges next fall holds, will I be driving to University Park, Denton or the Anatole?"

No comments: