Friday, September 21, 2007

2 weeks have flown by


Jack is exactly two weeks old right now. He has grown and changed so much over the last two weeks. He gained a pound from his Dr.'s visit last Thursday to his Dr.'s visit this Wednesday. His umbilical cord stump fell off on Wednesday. He is a big boy now. He is eating good and sleeping good. He started smiling, thanks to his wonderful Aunt Bekah. It is just so amazing to finally have a child of my own. I have been holding and caring for other people's babies all of my life. It is truly a miracle to hold my baby and know that he is a part of both Dan and myself. He is so precious, I can't stop staring at every move he makes. I don't think I have ever cried so much, every first thing he does just gets me emotional. (I am crying now thinking about how amazing he is.) Jack had his first babysitter outside of the family. I had to run and fax something from the front office, so I left him with our neighbor Jennifer. It was only for a few minutes, but I was rushing to get back as soon as possible. We went to visit Daddy's work yesterday and got to meet all of his co-worker's. We have been going on walks with Charlie all week, Jack loves being in the sling close to Mama's belly. Charlie has been doing very well with Jack. He is jealous of mom's lap always being occupied, but he listens well and seems glad to have me at home.

No comments: