Monday, September 10, 2007

We are home!!!











Jack, daddy and mommy came home yesterday morning at 11. Our house seems so different now with our newest member of the Stricklin family. It was so great to sleep in my our bed last night. Jack slept so good in his bassinet. He only woke up once last night for a late night snack. I got 5 solid hours of sleep, Daniel has had 8 and still going.
We had such an amazing experience at Baylor. The hospital just opened in July, so it has the best of everything you could want in a hospital stay. The room was large and beautiful, and the technology was impressive, the plasma tv, the care view system where my family could see live on the web what we were doing, Jack's low jack system (his ankle bracelet so no one could steal him). All of the staff was so helpful and they were truly happy to be there for us. We had more than one-on-one care. The food was so good, I know it sounds shocking, but have a baby there and you will see (We had a Steak and Lobster dinner). I was most impressed by the nourishment room stocked with plenty of diet cokes for me.
Now my labor on the other hand was not the best experience of my life, but so worth every 25 hours of it. I am just so lucky to have had such a easy and happy pregnancy, I guess my body thought I needed a little payback.
Jack has gotten to meet his wonderful family at the hospital Grandma and Grandpa Collins, his aunt Bekah, Monie and Poppa, his aunt Marcy and Nonnie. Jack had some visitors yesterday, Carl and Susie came to keep us well fed, THANK YOU. All of our wonderful neighbors came to peek at our little bundle. Jack's "uncle" JT is on his way now. Everyone is welcome to come see him. We can't wait for all of you to meet Jack. We think he is pretty amazing.

No comments: